Personal Information Protection Policy
Monoxer, Inc. provides services related to memorize.
In operating its business, MONOXER handles the personal information of a large number of customers. Therefore, MONOXER has established this Policy and a personal information management system which MONOXER, as a company, is committed to realizing the responsible handling of personal information.
- Policy 1: MONOXER will, to the extent possible, specify the purposes of use of the personal information, and will properly handle the personal information within the scope necessary to achieve such purposes. MONOXER will take measures to ensure the prevention of any use of the personal information other than for the intended purposes of use.
- Policy 2: MONOXER will obtain personal information only through legitimate and appropriate means.
- Policy 3: MONOXER will not provide any third party with the personal information of any individual without the consent of such individual.
- Policy 4: In managing personal information, MONOXER will make efforts to take all necessary and appropriate measures to ensure the prevention and correction of any leakage, loss or damage of the personal information, as well as the otherwise secure management of the personal information.
- Policy 5: In handling personal information, MONOXER will make efforts to ensure that the individual who has provided the information may properly be involved in the handling process, and make efforts to keep the personal information accurate and updated to the extent possible.
- Policy 6: MONOXER will comply with laws and regulations pertaining to the protection of personal information and guidelines set by the government and other norms , and establish, continuously review and comply with its internal rules pertaining to the protection of personal information.
- Policy 7: MONOXER will implement and maintain a management system on the protection of personal information and make efforts to improve regularly and periodically review it.
- Policy 8: MONOXER will have a section for responding to complaints and consultations concerning the protection of personal information and make efforts to properly respond to such complaints and consultations.
For any inquiries concerning personal information, please contact here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kotaro Takeuchi, Representative Director and CEO
Established and implemented on July 1, 2017
Rev. on March 1, 2019
■ Regarding the handling of personal information
◆ Personal information
Personal information means information concerning a User as an individual, which can identify the User based on the name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, educational institution, or other descriptions, etc. constituting such information. In addition, any information which cannot identify the User solely by itself but can easily be cross-referenced with other information and, as a result thereof, can identify the User, is also included in the scope of personal information.
◆ Purposes of use of personal information
MONOXER shall use personal information only for the following purposes, and shall not use any personal information beyond these purposes of use:
- A. Personal authentication of Users and provision of various services to such Users;
- B. Distribution and sending of communications, mail magazines, direct mail, various announcements, etc. relating to the use of the Services;
- C. Provision of personal information to Service Using Companies, etc., subject to Users’ consent/application;
- D. Distribution/display of advertisements, contents, etc., based on action history records, etc., and provision of the Services ;
- E. Improvement of the Services, development and marketing of new services;
- F. Conduct of campaigns, questionnaires, monitoring trials, interviews, etc.;
- G. Distribution of URL information to senders of blank emails;
- H. Confirmation and responses to the content of comments, inquiries and word-of-mouth postings received concerning the Services; and
◆ Voluntary nature of provision of personal information
Users who fail to enter information in each of the items required for the performance of the respective services constituting the Services may not be able to receive such respective services.
◆ Provision of personal information to third parties
MONOXER, as a general rule, does not provide any third party with any User’s personal information without the consent of such User. However, MONOXER may provide personal information without the User's consent within the scope not conflicting with related laws and regulations, where any of the following applies:
- A. MONOXER considers that the User will cause disadvantage to a third party;
- B. Providing such personal information is specifically necessary for the improvement of public health or the sound growth of children, and obtaining approval therefor from the User is difficult;
- C. It is necessary to cooperate with a governmental organization or a local government, or a person designated by the same in the performance of administrative work prescribed by laws or regulations, and obtaining the consent of the User thereto will likely hinder the performance of such administrative work;
- D. The disclosure of the personal information is required by a court, public prosecutor's office, police or any other organization having similar authority;
- E. User has expressly requested that his/her personal information be disclosed or provided to third parties;
- F. It is permitted by law or regulations to disclose or provide the personal information; or
- G. The personal information is provided in connection with a business succession due to merger or otherwise, to the extent that the personal information is handled within the scope of the purposes of use applicable prior to such succession.
◆ Disclaimer concerning acquisition of personal information by a third party
MONOXER will not be responsible for the acquisition of personal information by a third party where any of the following applies:
- A. A User indicates his/her own personal information to a specific company, using any function under the Services or by other means (As for the handling of personal information in the Service Using Companies, etc., please directly make inquiries to each of the Service Using Companies, etc.);
- B. A User is unexpectedly identified by any activities or other information entered by the User under the Services;
- C. A User provides personal information to, and the User’s personal information is used at, an external site linked by the Services; or
- D. Anyone other than a User obtains the User’s information (ID, password, etc.) which can identify the User as an individual.
◆ Outsourcing of personal information processing
MONOXER may outsource personal information handling work in part or in whole. MONOXER shall be responsible for the handling of personal information by the party to which such work is outsourced.
◆ Use of statistically-processed data
MONOXER may, based on personal information provided to it, create statistical data which shall be processed in a manner that cannot identify any individual. MONOXER may, without restriction, use such statistical data that cannot indentify individuals.
◆ Modifications, etc. to personal information
As a general rule, only the User himself/herself can request notification regarding the “purposes of use of the personal information,” or any disclosure or correction of, addition to, deletion or suspension of his/her registered personal information, or the provision thereof to third parties (“Modification, etc., of Personal Information”). For specific methods, please refer to the following contact person in charge of personal information management. However, MONOXER may not agree to comply with a request for the Modification, etc., of Personal Information where any of the following applies:
- A. The Modification, etc., of Personal Information is likely to cause damage to the life, limb, property or other rights or interests of the User or any third party;
- B. The Modification, etc., of Personal Information is likely to considerably hinder the proper performance of the Services; or
- C. The Modification, etc., of Personal Information would constitute a violation of any other laws or regulations.
Furthermore, MONOXER may not agree to comply with a request for the Modification, etc., of Personal Information if such Modification, etc., of Personal Information requires excessive cost, or if the performance of such Modification, etc., of Personal Information is otherwise difficult, and instead MONOXER ensures that necessary alternative measures shall be taken for the protection of the rights and interests of the User.
◆ Accuracy of personal information
MONOXER shall make efforts to accurately data process the personal information provided to it. However, Users shall be responsible for ensuring that the personal information they provide is accurate and up-to-date.
In the event of a membership registration for each web service, or the use of the Services by a member, or MONOXER’s response to a User’s request for the disclosure, correction, deletion, or suspension of use of such User’s personal information, etc, MONOXER shall verify the relevant individual’s identity based on information that can identify such individual (i.e., name, address, telephone number, date of birth, e-mail address, member ID number, password, etc.). However, MONOXER shall not be responsible in the event of any third party obtaining and using information that can identify the relevant individual.
◆ Person responsible for the management of personal information Monoxer, Inc.
Representative Director and CEO
For any inquiries concerning personal information, please contact here: email@example.com